Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Stanton

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Lorraine

Lorraine Report 16 Jun 2007 18:15

Desparately trying to find more details about my dad's side of the family. He was Jack Alfred Stanton born 8.6.1921, died 18.8.1985. He was born in Risely. His Dad's name was George who was born around 1889 possibly in Shefford. Dad had two elder brothers Edward and Eric, an older sister called Constance and a younger brother called Robert who died in 1946. I believe George Stanton Dad's dad was called Joseph born 1856 c. and his Mum Martha born c. 1857. I think they had three children Alice 1885 Claud 1887 and George 1889. I have the feeling Josephs dad was a James Stanton born in Newport Pagnall 1826 who married Elizabeth in 1848 and had several children one of whom was Joseph. James Stanton died at 81 in the first quarter of 1908 after living in the Bigglewade Workhouse for over 20 years. Can anyone come up with more information, please. Yours Lorraine