Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Haines

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Tim

Tim Report 16 Jun 2007 16:58

I have been quite successful with my maternal family lineage but am suffering badly with my fathers side of the family despite him still being alive ! I am trying to find any information I can which might help with locating records about my paternal grandparents lineage. My grandfather was Jack Haines born 1907 and as far as I know in or around Northampton, Northamptonshire. He married Ida Cawthorne ( my grandmother ) in around 1931 and Ida was born as far as I can tell in 1909. Ida had at least 3 siblings ( possibly more ) Nellie Cawthorne who married twice but I do not have her first husbands details, her second was George Crane from the Cottingham Northants area. Ids other known siblings were William Cawthorne who I am pretty sure died in 1964 ( the year after I was born ) and Margaret Cawthorne about whom I have no information at all. I would appreciate any ionformation about Ida's lineage. Jack had 6 siblings, Ray who passed away within the last few years, Arthur ( killed in WW2), Florence I think passed away quite a few years ago, Nellie who passed away in the mid 70's ( possibly Elenor but not sure ) Phylis, Winifred ( female). Jacks sister Nellie married Den ( short for Dennis ) but I do not know a surname for Den. Ray married Hilda and lived for as long as I can remember ( Im 43 ) in Carey Close Moulton Northamptonshire, but again I do not have a pre marital name for Hilda. Any pointers, info or links to info would be appreciated. Thank you Tim Haines