Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Pilling

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Anita

Anita Report 14 Jun 2007 19:52

My g g grandparents were Henry Pilling, born c1825 inTrawden Lancs and Jane (unsure of surname) born c1826 also in Trawden Lancs. In 1851 they lived at Emmot House Trawden, with children John (my g grandfather) aged 2 and William an infant, also Martha Horsfall, listed as mother in law. In 1861 they were living in Winewall, Trawden with John and William (no mention of Martha) I can find a marriage record between a Henry Pilling and a Jane Horsefield but not Horsfall. Jane re-married in 1868 to William Harrison, who was born in Clitheroe and was a farmer. She died in 1902. John Pilling married Sarah Hindle and they had a daughter Sarah Jane. I think John and Sarah must both have died in the 1890s as there is no mention of them in the1901 census and Sarah Jane is living with her grandmother (Jane). Any further information on any of the above would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.