Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Sullivan

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Hayley

Hayley Report 14 Jun 2007 10:03

I am trying to find some information on my grandmothers family. She was called HANNAH or ANN SULLIVAN and was born in Glangariff, co Cork, Ireland on 12/12/1916. She had a twin brother called CHRISTY. They were the youngest of 10 children. I only know the names of 2 of her brothers, DENNY/DENNIS b c1895 and EUGENE b 16/08/1901. Denny ,who was my grans godfather, emigrated to America/Australia in xmas 1916 about a week after her baptism. Hannah, Christy and Eugene all came over to England sometime before the 1940's. They lived in the hampshire/surrey area. My gran married my grandad Norman Arthur GROVES in 1948 and lived in Fleet in Hampshire. She had 3 daughters prior to her marriage from a relationship with a French-Canadian Airman. 2 of her daughters were adopted, 1 in Canada and 1 in England I believe. She had 3 sons after she married. If any of this sounds familiar to anyone please contact me as I would love to find out more about her family. Many thanks, Hayley Groves