Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Bates

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Graham

Graham Report 13 Jun 2007 20:07

Would like to have any information regarding: 1. Archibald Arthur Bates - b1882 in Tonbridge Kent. 2. Robert Raphael Bates - b1875 in Dover. Both were from a large family but I'm looking for any information on these two brothers as I have little. Archibald may never have married but I'm not certain. Robert married Beatrice Newton and they had at least one son Robert Newton b.c. 1901. Robert Raphael died aged 27 in 1902. Decendents of one brother did live at one time in Sevenoaks, Kent. One may have owned or managed a garage or car dealership. 3. Leonard Bates - b.c. 1906. He was son of David Leonard Bates (brother of Robert and Archibald). Leonard ('Len') was in the Navy and went in as a youth. It is possible he was at HMS Vernon as an instructor in 1930's or 1940's. He may have had a son named Vernon. Any help greatly appreciated. Thank you. Graham.