Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Scott

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Margaret

Margaret Report 11 Jun 2007 20:59

Hello, I am trying to find some information about my family, the Scotts who lived in and around Carlisle and Wetherall in Cumberland from around the 1800s. The furthest I can go back is to William Scott was born, I think, around 1800 (give or take a few years!) but I have no record of who he married. They had a son Isaac. Isaac Scott was married to Isabella Ward and they had a son John. John Scott (b 1847) was married to Deborah Forster (b 1844) who already had an illegitimate daughter Tamar. They then had Joseph, John, Isaac and Ida Margaret. Joseph, my Grandfather, married Florence Newbold in 1899 and their children were Reginald (my father), John, Mabel, Joseph, William, Edna, Marjorie, George, Dorothy and Norman. Norman did not live long after birth and Joseph is rumoured to have died aged 17 or 18. If anyone recognises any of these names please get in touch as any information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. Maggie