Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Wood

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Vanessa

Vanessa Report 8 Jun 2007 22:07

Hi my name is Vanessa wood, Iam trying to find out about my farther and grandparents. i know they were from around the kent area, my farther michael john wood was born in sidcup kent around 1943, his farther was john wood(known as jack)michael's mother was vera wood i dont know her maiden name. the last place i know they lived was in chislehirst kent, in the late 70's or early 80's, john wood owned a chain off shops, my farther moved to australia i think in the late 70's where he was a manager of a ridding stables on rott nest island in perth. my grandmothers name was vera alice wood, i dont know when she died but john died early 80's and michael(mike) died early 90's. I do know michael had another family before he went to australia, i think he had 2 sons, but i'm not sure. If anyone can help it would be wonderfull to know that a had a family somewhere. thank you, vanessa wood xxxxxxx