Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Dunn

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Wilma Elryn

Wilma Elryn Report 6 Jun 2007 08:44

Hi I am trying to find information on JOHN DUNN who was married and lived in AVENEL VICTORIA AUSTRALIA. He had a daughter names SUSANNAH MARIA LYDIA DUNN who is my GG MOTHER only other information I have is from oral history is that he was around Launceston Tasmania in the late *1880 give or take say 10yrs and he was known as Handsome John Dunn the Irishman and that he and Susannah's mother ran away to Victoria and my GG Mother was born in Avenel. I have contacted the cemetry people there but so far have had no luck. Even though he was known in Tasmania as the Irishman he maynot have been Irish So if there is anyone who can shed some light on him and his family I would be grateful Sincerely Wilma Elryn