Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Houghton

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Elisabeth

Elisabeth Report 3 Jun 2007 04:29

Hi I am trying to find as much information about the Birmingham Houghtons as I can. My GG Grandmother was Isabella Houghton, b 1855 her Father was William B 1818 from Dunnington and mother Harriet (Milward)? b 1816 Evesham Worc, they were marrried 1844. Siblings were Walter b 1848, Sarah Ann(e) b 1850 Selina b 1852 Mary Ann b 1857 and George b 1861 all born in Aston Birmingham. Isabella and husband Joseph Jenkins moved the Coventry and some of her siblings may have moved there also. Her mother Harriet may have been married previously and had 3 children. I believe Sarah married Peter Thackwell Selina married George Wells Both Sarah & Selina died in thei 30's and left young children. Fred and Charles Wells went to live with my G Grandmother after their own mother's death. I have no information re Mary Ann, Walter or George although I believe there is a connection to the Fosters also of Birmingham. THere is a Nellie Foster who married and had a son Horatio. This is a family name so her own father couls have been Horatio James Foster. I also understand there is a gypsy connection somewhere. There was certaily a Romany look to Isabella, my G mother Amelia and several of her siblings and my own Mother. I would appreciate any help Lis