Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Mitchell

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Doreen

Doreen Report 22 May 2007 00:31

Hello to all Mitchells who had ancesters in Docklands area of London.My Grandfather Hugh Mitchell born 1836 Lanarkshire,Scotland.He married Hannah Caton born 1844 Buckinghamshire.I am not sure what year they married.Hugh was a BOILERMAKER and they lived at 12,GLENGALL RD.Their children were.
William Mitchell[Ship Builder]born 1866,married Isabella D

anks1889 children were[William1890,Isabella1892,Hilda1899]
Edmund 1876 married Alice Hockley.
Hannah1881 married John William Marsh[Hannah was aMachinest]
Agnes Mitchell 1873 married Moses Hubert.1897
Jeanie Mitchell 1883 married William Wooton.
Mary Mitchell 1878.
George Mitchell 1871-1957.[My Grandfather]all these were born in Poplar except George[Southampton]
If anyone has any information on any of these after 1901 or are desendants of their children,where they went to live and where their living desendants are now.
I would also be interested to know more about Hugh's parents and his brothers and sister.
John Mitchell 1807 Boilermaker [Govan Lanarkshire Scotland.]
Mary 1803[Inverary,Scotland]
Agnes 1834[Inverary,Scotland]Power loom weaver[Gordon Lanarkshire]
Hugh 1836[Inverary,Lanarkshire,Scotland]
George 1845[boilermaker apprentice]
PLEASE ANY INFOR. [DOREEN MITCHELL.]