Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Divall

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Trudi

Trudi Report 18 Apr 2007 13:39

I am looking for any info on William Fredrick Divall born 1903,he married Ellen Carline on 23 april 1927 Ashover,Chesterfield.His fathers name was also William. He sadly died of TB in april 1929 aged 26.They had one son William Reginald Divall who is my father in law. If you can help please reply as i have come to a stop,i cant seem to find out any thing about him.I have been told he could be of french decendent.But not sure. Thank you Trudi.

Barry

Barry Report 16 Dec 2007 16:08

Hi Trudy my name is Barry Lee and i,m trying to find any information on Carline name my wifes grand mother was a carline and the family originated from worksop area. sorry i cant help with your intial message but i,m writing to you as i saw you have a Carline in your tree

Thanks Barry

Brian

Brian Report 16 Dec 2007 21:02

Hi Trudi

Not related but had a browse for you.
Could not find a birth for W'm Fredrick DIVALL but looked at all the D's for 1903in Derbyshire and found a Frank William DEVERILL 3rd quarter 1902 Chesterfield.

There was a DEVERILL family in 1901 Chesterfield, George and Alice (nee HILL) and she was having children just prior to the census.

There was also a DIVALL family in Brimington Derbyshire in 1901 and head was Alfred Charles 1869 Peckham, Hannah
1864 Chesterfield (nee Berisford)

Dont know if you have seen any of this before but it may help.

Regards

Ethel

Ethel Report 17 Dec 2007 12:26

Hi Trudi.
I have found a possible birth.
William Frederick Divall. Oct/Dec Qtr. 1908. Registered in Lambeth. London. vol 1d 413.

Marriage to Ellen 1927. April/June Qtr. reg in Chesterfield. vol 7b 1825.

Copy of the marriage certificate will give details of their ages, and their Father's names and occupations, and witnesses who may be siblings.

There are quite a lot of Divall's on the 1901 census. Mainly down south, and having the occupation of William may help get the right one.

If you think the birth I found is the right one, then a copy of the certificate will give both parents, and Mum's maiden name which will help trace parents marriage etc.,

Hope this Helps. Happy Christmas. Ethel.