Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Johnson

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Valerie

Valerie Report 30 Mar 2007 19:20

Trying to find any one who knows anything about the Johnson family from newcastle northumberland, My great great grandfather was william johnson born 1805 in scotland,he married someone called sarah i dont know her maiden name, they had children jane born 1831, william born 1835,and john born 1838,my great great granfatherwilliam was a draper and i have them living in newcastle in 1841 until about 1861, my great grandfather who was william johnson born 1835 married a eleanor nicholson and settled in cumberland that is where eleanor was born, they only had one child and that was my grandfather charles johnson,who married a hannah maria shepherd, they moved to sunderland. hannah was from the yorkshire area,if anyone has any information no matter how small i would be very grateful, since putting this message on i have found out that my great great grandparents had another three children sarah jane born 1842,elizabeth born 1844 and alexandra born 1850, and they stilled lived in newcastle at 20 howell street and my great great grandfather ran a drapery buisness i believe it was a family buisness.

Susan

Susan Report 21 Oct 2007 05:56

Dear Valerie,

I don't know if we have any connection. My grndfather Henry Albert Johnson was born in that region c 1863. He became a tailor's cutter. and married Lucy Elizabeth Robinson . They moved to Ireland for a number of years and had a very large family. For more info. look up in these adds for Johnson==Susan Johnson's ther are lots of details. Or email me. perhaps there is some connection Good Luck
Susan

Valerie

Valerie Report 8 Nov 2007 23:06

Hi there

I have James Johnson who marrried Mary Fothergill in 1810 they lived in Northumberland. They had Sarah, James Mary and William Johnson my great grandfather.

I have a lot of Johnson that come from Northumberland (Newcastle)

Val