Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Alderdice

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Ails from NI

Ails from NI Report 28 Mar 2007 12:40

Hello to all ALDERDICES. If you have any relations who originated from Mullaghglass near Bessbrook, Co Armagh, Northern Ireland I would love to hear from you so that I can try to expand my family tree. My paternal Grandmother was Emily Octavia Alderdice (married name Bradfield). Many thanks, Aileen Clarke

Julie

Julie Report 12 Nov 2007 09:21

Hello, Don't know why I didn't spot this part of the website before. My great grand parents William Alderdice and Jane Turner were married on 8th July 1887 in the Parish Church, Lurgan. Parish of Shanklin, Co Armagh. I have a copy of their marriage certificate. William's parents were Thomas Alderdice and Susan(na) Goold. I've found details of their wedding on a website - apparently in Lurgan in 1873. The dates don't exactly tie up with ages (but then they rarely do). William and Jane moved to Dumbarton, Scotland by about 1890 as they appear in the 1891 census. Are there any connections? Regards, Julie Alderdice.