Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Brock

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jason

Jason Report 6 Mar 2007 11:49

Hello, I'm trying to find a Mr. Jack Brock & his wife Mrs. Magery Brock (nee Palfreman). They lived in Meeth, Nr Okehampton, Devon and had children named Betty, Robert (Bob), & Audrey. Any information on them or their family would be fantastic.

Deb ( Steel City)

Deb ( Steel City) Report 24 Aug 2007 20:54

Hello Jason:

could you provide a bit more information on your Brocks please. I'm also looking for Brocks Okehampton, Bradford, Devon areas

Jason

Jason Report 10 Sep 2007 02:31

Hello, sorry for the delay!

All I know really is that my Jack Brock was born in Hatherleigh, near Okehampton aroun 1900.

Unfortunately I can't find his birth records, or the names of his parents.

I hope you've had more success than me!

Deb ( Steel City)

Deb ( Steel City) Report 11 Nov 2007 19:56

Hello Jason:

sorry didn't get back on this until now. Only Brock I can find born 1900 or close to was listed as
"Infant Brock" male Okehampton Devon 1901
listed as 9 days old mother Mary living in workhouse with another son George Hy Brock age 6

RG13-2124 pg 23 Okehampton Devon

might this be your Jack Brock. All my Brocks were from the Okehampton Hatherleigh area also Bradford Devon. Am still searching for more information on them thou.

Regards
Deb

Gillian

Gillian Report 12 Nov 2007 22:38

Hi Jason

Just found a John Brock on BMD born Okehampton in the September Qtr Volume 5b page 361. Do you think this may be your Jack. (People named John are/were often called Jack).