Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Russell

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sarah

Sarah Report 2 Mar 2007 20:57

Hi Im trying to find any info on Russells in Hamilton, Lanarkshire. My G Grandfather was William Russell who died 1970 at Shotts, not sure of his date of birth he married Sarah Barnes in 1907, who died 1963 April 14. He has a son Charles Russell who is my grandfather, he was born in 1911, 31 May, he married Margaret Macgregor Scott born 9 april 1913. Any info on any relative would be wonderful, my mother is Helen Ann Russell born 1951, Charles and Margaret(peggy) are her parents, my mother is the youngest so we have limited info.

Margaret

Margaret Report 17 Sep 2007 19:40

hi i am trrying to find out whereabouts of my grandfathers family my grandfather was john russell born 1892 edinburgh was killed in ww1 he had six brothers david,martin, peter,robert thomas william and 2 sisters rolalin and jane their parents were patrick and jane married in edinburgh 1870 Patrick came to glasgow after jane died in 1899 any info would be appreciated
margaret

Kenneth

Kenneth Report 28 Oct 2007 21:52

Hi
Don't know if you have made any progfress with this but have you tried Scotllands People website www.scotllandspeople.gov.uk. There is a marriage there for William Russell/Sarah Barnes for 1907. It will give you a lot of info just from the marriage.

Ken

Sarah

Sarah Report 18 Dec 2007 19:17

Hi Kenneth
My apologies, i have just read your reply, William and Sarah are my G Grandparents, infact i was named after Sarah. Anyways i do already have this info but thanks again.

Merry Christmas

sarah