Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Batson

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

happydaze

happydaze Report 30 Jan 2007 15:56

I am trying to find information on the Batson family, Borstal near Rochester Kent 1950's - 60's. Particularly Paula who married a Robert Foreman, c1965. I believe Paula had a twin brother, Peter. Anyone who can help with this search/info please do not hesistate to contact me. Thanks in anticipation. Christine

Sharynn

Sharynn Report 28 Oct 2007 14:41

Hi christine, I know your post was a while ago but something caught my eye about your name. If I can explain.
I am originally at Batson and have been tracing my family tree thru the batson line.
My grandfather, Roy Batson was born in leicester in 1924. He was 1 of 18 siblings born to (John) Thomas and Kate Batson. Now this is where it gets a little confusing so try to stay with me!!!
When a birth is listed in the registers its listed as follows

SURNAME CHRISTIAN MOTHERS MAIDEN NAME AND PLACE OF BIRTH.

All my grandads siblings are listed with the mothers maiden name of jones but my grandads (and his twin sister) is listed with a maiden name of yeomans!

I know for definate that Kate was roys mother and also mother to roys 16 brothers and sisters. I just cant get to the bottom of why Kate is listed as Jones on her birth/marriage certificate and then it changes to Yeomans for my grandads birth listing.

As you understand, thats why I was extremely interested when I saw YOUR surname and the fact you are looking for info on Batsons.

I hope you have found what your looking for. Any info on the BATSON/YEOMANS connection you know would be very much appreciated.
regards
Sharynn