Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Merritt

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Stephen

Stephen Report 19 Dec 2006 12:09

Thomas Merritt
I am trying to make contact with anyone who has a connection to Thomas Merritt (b; circa 1824 Old Alresford, Hants) & Jemima Chandler (b; circa 1828 Bighton, Hants) married 7/11/1846.

They lived in Old Alresford – Hants and went on to have 12 children. Ann, George, Jem?, Alice, Alfred, Edith, Ellen, Arther, William, Fanny, Albert, Herbert.

I am a direct descendant of their second born George (b; 13/02/1850) and would love to know what happened to any of his brothers or sisters. There must be so many distant relations out there I didn’t know I had.

I do hope the ‘lazy’ gene inherent in my branch of the tree is not prevalent in the others, so go on please get in touch.

Steve Merritt

Michelle

Michelle Report 14 Sep 2007 22:02

Hello i am looking for a Florance may Merritt born 1902 in hampshire she married mr Blackman around the Meonstoke area is she any relation to you
thankyou Michelle

Lisa

Lisa Report 29 Sep 2007 17:05

hi i am just starting to lok up my merritt line! if i find anything out i will let you know

lisa

Glenis

Glenis Report 30 Sep 2007 12:54

Hi Steve
I have a cousin Stephen Merritt. Grandmother Clarice (nee Wright) Grandfather Ronald Merritt.
Born New Zealand. Are we related?
Regards
Glenis

Marilyn

Marilyn Report 1 Nov 2007 18:28

Steven Merritt.

My auntie Sharon Merritt thinks she knows who you are? Do you have a brother named Billy Merritt and a sister called Joanne Merritt. Do you used to live in Hackney
Lets us know
thanks
Marilyn Merritt