Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Lawman

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Gloria

Gloria Report 28 Nov 2006 18:14

I am trying to trace my Gt Grandmothers ancestors. She was Sarah Ann Lawman born in Pirton about 1867. Her father was James Lawman who was in the Royal Artillery and was in India in 1883 when Sarah married my grandfather John W Baines. If anyone can help I would love to hear from you Many thanks Gloria New Zealand

Caroline

Caroline Report 3 Jan 2008 12:23

Hi Gloria - I have been doing further research on my family (Lawman/on) and have got it back to 1500' s and Lawman of which I was before I married came from Pirton, Sandon and Weston. I have also found them in Nottingham and S.Africa. However I have been unable to tie your end up but would love to keep in touch, just in case you/I found out more. Best wishes and good hunting Caroline.