Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Hind

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Gillian

Gillian Report 15 Nov 2006 18:03

Hi Can anyone please help me. I'm trying to find out any information about Isabella Hind (nee Dunn) born abt 1877 in County Durham, England. She married James Hind born Abt 1878 County Durham, England in 1898 and they had a daughter Rachel born 1900. James was a Coal miner. I've traced Isabella back through her parents Alexander and Elizabeth Ann Dunn (nee Taylor) but the trail forward on the Hind side goes cold after the 1901 census. The only thing I've been able to find is a ships passenger list showing its possible that Isabella might have emigrated to America about 1929. The ship was the President Roosevelt going to New York, there is no metion of James or Rachel, but this Isabella Hind was travelling with 4 of her children Thomas, George, Isabella and James Hind, her birth date and place match my Isabella. If anyone knows anything at all and can help please get in touch. Isabella is my paternal Grt Grandmother, she had a son in 1897 (my Granddad) who was brought up by her parents and I would love to find out what happened to her. Regards Gillian

Laura

Laura Report 10 Dec 2007 14:12

i dont know if you can help me my grandad was wilfred hind born 1907-1909 lived in the northeast either spennymoor or ferryhill he was a coalman if hes any relationship to james hind