Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Snow

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Iris

Iris Report 7 Nov 2006 01:39

Iris Snow(nee Lee) Looking for Patricia June Snow,parents William Snow and Mable (nee Parkes) William and Mable married on the 03/08/1940 I believe Patriica was born in Oswestry.William and Mable Divorced in 1955.If anyone has any information I would realy like to hear from them Regards Iris

Miles

Miles Report 30 Oct 2007 15:29

Hi Iris,
I have done a lot of research on the Snow's of yesteryear but now I am filling in on later Snows. In particular, the family of Henry & Ellen Snow of Bristol. I have them all on the 1901 census, and one, Arthur William Snow is my grandfather.(born 1878). I know this is a long shot, but I notice you have an Oswestry connection in 1940. My Grandparents were living in Oswestry from 1932 to 1950 when grandpa Snow died. Grandma Snow continued to live in Oswestry until 1964.

Just wondered if there is any connection with your family. It is a bit difficult post 1901 census, not a lot to go on!

Regards Miles Snow.

Iris

Iris Report 3 Nov 2007 02:53

Hi Miles,not sure about any other Snow's in Oswestry I just know my husbands father was in Oswestry when his daughter Patricia June was born. She will be my husbands half sister. My husband never new his father as his parents divorced in 1938 and William married again in 1940 to a Mable Parkes.It maybe that your family could have been cousins. William was born in Doncaster in 1908 and his father was born in Somerset.
.keep in touch and if I come across anymore information I will contact you
Regards Iris Snow