Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find McManus

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Mike

Mike Report 7 Nov 2006 00:18

Bernard Mcmanus- Fermanagh / Bellshill / Bathgate marr. Margaret Lennan.
Their son James b.about1840 married Mary Scott.
This family moved to Scotland and settled in Bellshill area of Lanarkshire. EDWARD MCMANUS b.1870 married Ann HOOLAGHAN.
Coal mining connections , living in Bellshill Rows. Eventually moved to West Lothian, Scotland.

Thanks

Mike

MargarettawasMargot

MargarettawasMargot Report 30 Sep 2007 12:37

Mike,my 2G grandfather may be related to your Bernard McManus. He was William from Fermanagh Ireland &m. Maria Trainor from Louth Ireland.They emigrated to Victoria Australia &first child
was Maria or Margaret b.1848 at Benalla
Victoria.She married Dennis Griffin around Kilmore -Heathcote area of Vic.
Any info.on McManus family around 1800-1830 Fermanagh. would be welcome.

Thankyou, Margot

Mike

Mike Report 3 Nov 2007 09:45

I have Bernard married to Margaret Lennan. Bernard is not to common a name which may help us both. Thanks

MargarettawasMargot

MargarettawasMargot Report 4 Dec 2007 10:57

Mike,I can't help you with your line,but you may be able to help me.My GGgrandfather was
William McManus,from Fermanagh, Ireland,
married Ann (or Maria) Trainor from Louth,Ireland.
They emigrated to Victoria, Australia in the 1840's
& their first child Margaret(Maria) was born in 1848
on the Murray River, Victoria.She married Denis Griffin in 1873 at Kilmore.Do you have any info. on the McManus line from Fermanagh which may help me? Thanks,Margot from Melb. Vic.

Mike

Mike Report 9 Dec 2007 11:59

Thanks for info given so far. Will keep an eye on this board. Will pass on any info I find .
Cheers
Mike