Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find James

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Claire

Claire Report 22 Aug 2006 20:03

I'm having a lot of trouble finding births for the James family 1858-1880. I don't think their parents registered the births of any of the children. The 1871 census has the family living at Thorney Hill, Bransgore, Christchurch, Hampshire - it is very close to Ringwood and Burley. Father is Sydney James (born c.1838 Blandford, Dorset) Mother's name is unknown - 1871 census has it transcribed as Husas - definitely starts with a H but the rest looks wrong to me (born c.1841 Ringwood, Hampshire) Children are : Job James (born c.1858 Cranborne, Wimborne, Dorset) Harriett James (born c.1863 Wootton, Thorney Hill, Ringwood, Hampshire) Sydney James (born c.1866 Thorney Hill, Ringwood, Hampshire) Peter James (born c.1868 Ringwood, Hampshire) William J. James (born c.1870 Thorney Hill, Hampshire) Annie James (born c.1880 Longdown, Hampshire) If anyone can track down baptism records for any of the James' I would be grateful.