Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Bingham

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Deborah

Deborah Report 28 Feb 2006 05:24

I am told that my family is from around Sheffield. They are involved in a famous cutlers business the first bingham that came to australia was a coach builder. Our coat of arms is Blazon of Arms Motto is Spes mea Christus, My hope is in Christ. If any one knows anymore of my family history please contact me. My ancestor Edward Bingham also had had the last name of Edward Mayhew Bingham married, Sarah Barker His dad George mayhew Bingham

MikeB

MikeB Report 1 Nov 2007 00:03

I have a grandmother Flori Louise HOGG whose mother was Eliza BINGHAM.
Her uncle Albert BINGHAM was living with them and he was an apprentice steel forgeman age 19.

She married Frederick William Wood about 1900 but I do not know where the marrige took place, it was either Sheffield or Grimsby. I have not so far found any others in her family as yet.

I found her in the 1818 census at 26 Rock Lane, Brightside Bierlowe, Sheffield
All the BINGHAM's in this family where born in Wharncliffe Side.

Good hunting I will keep looking for more BINGHAMS so let me know how you get on.