Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Schneider

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Gerald

Gerald Report 17 Oct 2005 14:20

Based upon confirmed information, I am seeking Schneider(variants e.g Schnieder, Snider) Whitechapel/Bethnal Green area, between 1859-1901. Heinrich (latterly Henry) born 1859 Whitechapel, so he declares in 1901 Census, and birth record obtained. Parents Georg and Elizabetha. Next confirmed record Henry married Caroline Deborah Smith in 1884. Had six children 1885 onwards, marriage and all birth records held, all Bethnal Green area. But mystery is why no trace of this family on four consecutive census's (1861-1891) as far as I have been able to search. Think maybe, George died in 1869, Dalston German Hospital, but unable to confirm its him. Any assistance/help would be much appreciated.

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 10 Nov 2007 13:53

Hi
I HAVE A GEORGE SCHNEIDER IN MY TREE AND HE MARRIED A ELIZABETH GEORGE WAS BORN 12/11/1845
AND WAS A SHOE MAKER ELIZABETH WAS BORN IN 1853 AND THEY HAD CHILDREN
MARY BORN WHITECHAPEL 1872
JOHN BORN ST GEORGE IN THE EAST 27/11/1874
ELIZABETH BORN BETHNAL GREEN 19/9/1876
ELLEN BORN MILE END 7/5/1881
CONRAD BORN 11/11/1882
I DONT KNOW IF THERE WERE ANY MORE OF THEM THESE NAMES WERE FOUND IN A FAMILY BIBLE
ARE ANY OF THESE NAMES IN YOUR TREE PLEASE LET ME KNOW AS IT WOULD BE GREAT TO BE IN TOUCH WITH SOMEONE FROM MY NANS SIDE OF THE FAMILY MY NANS FATHER WAS JOHN 1874
REGARDS JACKIE