Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find McGrory

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jenny

Jenny Report 5 Apr 2005 22:10

Trying to trace Cecelia B Mcgrory (Phd, Aston university birmingham 1976) born circa 1949 ? N ireland.

Cecelia

Cecelia Report 30 Sep 2007 14:44

Hello Jenny

I wonder if you are still looking? With a name like mine (and the uncommon spelling of Cecelia), there can't be too many of us about!

Could I possibly be the Cecelia B Mc Grory that you are searching for? I was however born in 1953 in Manchester, not Ireland - but that is where my parents come from, and I went to Birmingham Uni in the 70s and got a BSc and PhD in Biological Sciences from Birmingham Uni, not Aston.

To add to the confusion I am known by the derivative name of Sheila (its an Irish thing!).

I am intrigued to know your connection to me and would love to know more.

Kindest regards, Sheila/Cecelia

Cecelia

Cecelia Report 2 Nov 2007 00:04

Hello again Jenny

I expect it may be some time before you become aware of my initial response to your query, as you posted your question quite some time ago. Should you wish to make a more detailed enquiry, you could e-mail me on: [email protected].

Kindest regards, Sheila/Cecelia