Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Fisher

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Kathleen

Kathleen Report 21 Feb 2005 00:44

I am trying to find decendants of Margaret Brigdale born in Ennis, County Clare Ireland on 11 June 1922. Margaret may have married John Fisher in Glasgow sometime after 1938 and had two children Kathleen and Robert. Margaret may have moved to Glasgow to be with her sister Nora Anderson and her brothers John and Joseph. She may also have had a child (Anne) prior to her relationship with John Fisher. I believe Anne may have been adopted. Any information would be really appreciated.

Marina

Marina Report 3 Sep 2020 21:43

Hi this is probally 15 years too late but I'm Anne's daughter. I'm doing a bit of research myself at the moment so maybe if you see this you could help me out. My name is Marina Hughes. Feel free to message me.

rootgatherer

rootgatherer Report 3 Sep 2020 21:51

Marina, try clicking on Kathleen's name to send a private message. If she still has the same email address she will be notified.

If you need help with your research, post a thread of your own and I'm sure you will get replies from some of the members who enjoy helping others.

EDIT

She married Robert / Robinson Fisher ( not John) in Glasgow in 1945 and died in Glasgow, aged 45, in 1965.

If you don't have it, here's her parents marriage

https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/marriage_returns/marriages_1897/10465/5811028.pdf