Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Fallows

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

John

John Report 31 Oct 2004 01:57

My name is John Gater, I reside in Western Australia, I am presently attempting to trace my family who came from England in 1920?. My Grandfather's name was John Willian Gater, born around 1880, my Grandmother was Sarah Ann Gater nee Fallows, born near Staffordshire !880s, as was my Grandfather. They imigrated to Australia around 1920 but am unable to find any information regarding this, bit late for being a convict. I seem to have come to a dead end in attempting to trace these people or where they actually resided in England. My Father was born in Bredbury in 1920 just before they imigrated to Australia. I can be contacted email ' [email protected]'.

Valerie

Valerie Report 5 Nov 2007 18:36

Hi John,
Don't know if this is any help to you - maybe you have these details already.
Sarah Anne Fallows, born 9.3.1854 was the sister of my great grandfather George born 16.3.1856. My family was Staffordshire born - mostly around Stoke-on Trent, in particular in Silverdale. I do not have any details on Sarah Anne but it would be good to have them if they are relevant. Best wishes, Val