Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Trower

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Kirsten

Kirsten Report 30 Oct 2004 14:02

im intrested in anyone who has trowers born born in islington or hackney areas. i have charles christoper trower -m-jane hewitson in in 1858 islington they had children martha e trower in 1866,she married charles john nichols and had a son john nichols alice emma mary trower born in 1874 -m- william joesph andrews and had a son charles william trower andrews alice caroline trower married thomas barton and had lots of children. richard nash trower born 1877 fredirick george trower born 1872 sarah h trower born 1870 if any one can help that would be great i no that i have relatives from the barton side of alice carolines trowers marriage to thomas barton but i have no idea where so any ideas would be great I also have trowers leading back to 1600 in west bourough green or chilington in sussex all the family over the generations seem to have the same first names robert, richard, charles, john,mary, ann elizabeth if u have any trowers u think could be conected from either london or sussex areas please let me no

Alastair

Alastair Report 9 Oct 2007 08:28

Hi, I'm a newbie so have only just put together what I know. But I remember my Grandmother (Trower nee Cashley) telling me that my grandfather's parents (John Leslie) were in service (Cook and Gardener I believe at some large estate in Sussex....May be a connection?

Shirley

Shirley Report 2 Nov 2007 12:15

My Trower family tree has several generations in Shoreditch, Hackney, Haggerston and area.