Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Hulse

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Susan

Susan Report 17 Oct 2004 22:41

Hi. I am tryin to find as much information on my family tree as poss, new to it all really but i will put what i know, if anyone reads this and thinks they know of anyone on my family tree please get in touch with any info no matter how small...i believe they are all local to stoke on trent, staffordshire area!!

My father is Thomas Hulse (b 1939) still living
My Grandfather was Colin Taylor Hulse(b 1901) deceased date not known...
My Grandmother was Daisy Grace Williams (b 1009) deceased date not known...
My Great Grandfather was Frederick Taylor (b 1890) deceased 1957.....
My Great Grandmother was Annie Hulse(b 1887) deceased 1974.

My mother was Gladys Elizabeth Hulse (b 1941) deceased 1989
My Grandmother was also Gladys Elizabeth Hulse (b 1911) deceased 1990....
My Grandfather was Hugh Gaffney (b not known)deceased

Thank You For Reading

Many Thanks

Marjorie

Marjorie Report 17 Oct 2007 23:30

My uncle was Thomas Hulse (deceased) his wife was Alice.
I knew a Colin Taylor Hulse who was married to Daisy.
My Aunt who was Thomas's sister was Annie who was married to Frederick Taylor.
My father was Daniel Hulse his brother was Thomas they had two sisters Ada and Annie.
Annie and Frederick Taylor had a smallholding in Chesterton Staffs.
The names are the same but this Thomas died and lived in Bradford Manchester.Any connection do you think.
Regards
Marjorie Hulse.

Susan

Susan Report 28 Nov 2007 11:31

Hi Marjorie,
thanks for ur reply, i have spoken to my father thomas hulse and he does remember thomas and alice from manchester, he says he used to call him uncle thomas and he was named after him and the thomas and alice use to live in park road or park lane, manchester..i think thomas hulse from manchester is my great grandfather's (frederick taylor) brother. frederick taylor then married my great grandmother annie hulse in a civil marriage in 1910. they had a son named jack who was borned before they were married he was know as jack taylor and had his fathers surname, after they were married they had another son Colin (my fathers father) as he was borned after they were married he then had both his parents surname and he was known as colin taylor hulse... frederick and annie did live in a smal holding in chesterton it was near the apedale i believe in chetsreton and a long time ago annie was localy know as a white witch of chesterton, (this may be an old wifes tale) colin then married daisy williams at chesterton holy trinity church, newcastle staffs in 1930, then both then had 7 children my dad been one of them, this is were the double barrel named taylor hulse dropped to just hulse.... all very intresting and sometimes confusing, but i am sure we are related down the line, thanks again for getting in touch i thought i had hit a brick wall but this has started it up again.. many thanks susan hulse aged 33 from chesterton newcastle staffs, now living in nearby kidsgrove...