Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Sinclair

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Kirsty

Kirsty Report 10 Oct 2004 14:30

My grandfathers name was Alexander (Alec) Sinclair born 1/08/1912 in Queensferry, Edinburgh, Scotland. His father was Daniel Sinclair and his mother Helen (nee McIntosh or fraser-McIntosh) Helen may have been born in Kinghorn, Fife. Alec was one of twelve children the others are Barbara, (married William Branders?), Daniel, Deborah, David, Fraser, Hugh, James, Janette, John, Margaret and William (Will), who as far as I know was married to Winnie and lived in Edinburgh until his death about a year ago. Alec immigrated to Australia possibly in the 30's where he married my grandmother Ruby May Turnbull in c1942. They had 6 children Janette, John, Tony, Ian (my dad), Daniel and Warren. Coming from such a large family I am convinced there must be many many relatives out there!!!!!! If you are linked to this branch of the Sinclairs or to Helen McIntosh I would love to hear from you! Regards Kirsty Sinclair

kathryn

kathryn Report 3 Dec 2020 18:55

Hi Kirsty, my grandfather was David, one of Alexander's brothers. If you are still interested in following this up it would be great to hear from you. Regards, Kathryn

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 3 Dec 2020 19:18

Kirsty is no longer a member of GR and cannot be contacted