Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find McAleese

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Shona

Shona Report 30 Jan 2004 14:32

trying to find family of RACHEL MCALEESE b1883 d1950. married ROBERT HUNTER b1892 d1961, of White Abbey, Co Antrim. Moved to Eastfield(Harthill),Scotland early 1900s. Unsure whether Rachel was an orphan or just lost touch with family due to being "farmed out" when she was 12/13. any help greatly appreciated.

Hugh

Hugh Report 3 Nov 2007 22:42

Hi Shona,
Just having a wee rummage and found your post for 2004 re Rachel McAleese.
I don't know if you're still researching or if this will get you after nearly four years.
I've been researching my McAleese ancestors who came to Scotland c1850 from Co. Antrim and they setled in W.Lothian and Lanarkshire counties in Scotland.
Harthill is near the border between the two counties mentioned.
I just wondered if we may have a connection.
If you get this message please drop me a line.
Regards,
Hugh