Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Cort

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Unknown

Unknown Report 12 Aug 2003 20:09

I am trying to find any living descendants of any of the Northampton born CORT family. John CORT (Shoemaker) married Mary HOBSON in 1800 at All Saints Northampton. They had the following children: Elizabeth born 1802. Married William WOODING. Sarah born 1805 married ??? WELLS John born 1807 died 1836. William born 1814. Married Susannah CRAWLEY in 1837. They had one daughter. Mary Ann born 1816. Married John NEWTON. Fanny born 1817, Married Samuel SANDERS and they went to Birmingham. (this couple are my direct ancestors) Youngest son: George born 1823. William and George convicted of theft and deported to Tasmania in 1839. They never returned to England. I have not been able to trace what happened to William's wife Susannah and his daughter. The CORT family originated in Great and Little Bowden, Leicestershire.

Christine

Christine Report 27 Oct 2007 13:53

My mother's father, William Spencer Cort was born c1883 in the Liverpool area. He had several sisters, among whom were Mabel and Jessie, who became dancers and were among the first Tiller Girls. My grandfather migrated to New Zealand before the 1st World War where he joined the Army and was in the Cavalry. However, when he was shipped to join the fighting in the trenches, the horses were left behind. He met my grandmother in England when he was recovering from wounds. She was Dorothy Margaret Grant. They had a daughter, my mother (now 85) and a son, Herbert William Cort (now 87). My uncle has no children.

Dennis

Dennis Report 8 Nov 2007 11:25

Hi There
The only Cort I have in my tree is Archibald born circa 1903 Lived and worked in Leicester. Was married to Sabina Green. No children. Any Luck ?
Regards
Dennis