Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Denmead

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jan

Jan Report 13 May 2003 08:07

I am trying to find any infomation on the name Denmead my nanna's mother was Emily Denmead who later went on to marry a Stanley Frederick Lenthall Bartlett. The family were originally I think from NORTH PETHERTON in SOMERSET 1891 James Denmead, Head,31, Ag Lab, b. Somerset Rosina Denmead Wife,27. fredrick Denmead son 1879 Edwin/Edward James Denmead b1881 Charles Denmead b1884 Emily Denmead b1887 Rosina/Rose Denmead, b1891 James Denmead 41 Som Worle Somerset Congresbury Carter On Farm Pollie Denmead 26 Som Banwell Somerset Congresbury Fred Denmead 17 Som Banwell Somerset Congresbury Ord Agric Labourer(1884) Emily Denmead 14 Som Banwell Somerset Congresbury (1887) Rose Denmead 10 Som Banwell Somerset Congresbury (1891) Harry Denmead 1 Som Congresbury Somerset Congresbury (1900) Dorothy May Congresbury Somerset Congresbury b1902 Eva Mary Congresbury Somerset Congresbury b1904 do any of these names ring any bells? Rosina's maiden name was Wiltshire.The youngest daughter Rose moved to Manchester.Emily died in about 1930ish in BRISTOL. Any info at all will be great.

Barry

Barry Report 28 Oct 2007 12:56

my father Douglas Denmead was born in 1912 somewhere near weston super mare.His father was killed ,I think in the first world war and his mother subsequently remarried a chap by the name of Denham. My father kept the name of Denmead and married my mother who was born in Cricklewood North London. Our family home was in Wembley and my bother Peter was born in 1946 but unfortunately died six years ago as did both my parents. I was born in 1949 but unfortunately have not got any other information about the Denmead family. Kind Regards Barry Denmead