Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Skea

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Beverley

Beverley Report 13 Mar 2003 11:47

Hi there, looking to find familly links for name of SKEA. My husband George Keillor lived in Balloch, Loch Lommondside, Glasgow. He is 41 born in 1961, went to Keil School then became GP. His father was George Keillor SKEA originally from ARBROATH was a carpenter then policeman in Strathclyde area. He married Alexina ANGUS COX JAMISON Skea also from Arbroath. As SKEA is not a common name we would love to here from anyone who may know another skea Thanks Bev Loftus SKEA

neelie21

neelie21 Report 29 Jul 2008 20:44

Hello Beverley, my mother in law was a Skea born Leith but family originated from the Orkneys. Wondered if there was a connection, as you say it's not a common name.

Regards Eileen

Peter

Peter Report 7 Jul 2017 09:12

Hello Beverly, I have done quite a bit of research on the Skea name on and off over the years. I have been prompted to do more since visiting WW1 graves recently and coming across my gt uncle Thomas Soutar Skea. I believe the Keillor Skea strain of the Skea name is a different part to mine but we must have links at some stage . Please take a look at my tree to see if we have any links. (Not sure how we do this from here). My name is Peter Esplin Skea b. 1942. Cheers

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 7 Jul 2017 10:15

Welcome to the boards, Peter.

As Beverley originally started this thread back in 2003, it's highly unlikely that she is expecting replies some 14 years later :-D
Click on her name to send her a personal message. If she is still using the linked email address, and can access it, she'll be notified & will be able to reply.

Once you've sent the message, you'll be able go into My Contacts & tick the allow access to my tree option.

Good luck with your research.