Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Milbank

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Margaret

Margaret Report 10 Dec 2002 23:13

My grandfather Albert Joseph was the illegitimate son of Emma Milbank, a domestic servant. He was born in the Workhouse at Victoria in 1885. He was later "adopted" by Albert Haynes. Milbank is not a very common name. Are there any other Milbanks or Millbanks out there who may be part of my family.

suzyq2002

suzyq2002 Report 12 Nov 2007 18:10

hi margaret.
i have in my tree a Sarah milbank, c1802-1885 she married into the tupper family and lived in london southwark, which i am a decendant, she had a sister emma c1825 could this be your grandfathers mother? i have letters from my tupper family dating back until 1700s, i have not yet read all of them! if anything crops up i will let you know.
if this is a family member i know that sarah's parent were ruth c1776 and john c1779.
hope this helps Suzannah

Susan

Susan Report 12 Nov 2007 18:56

Hi Susannah

Where was your Sarah Milbank born. I have some Milbanks from Henham Essex. One of their sons William became a policeman in South London. He married a lady called Eliza Stickland. They and their descendants lived in the Lambeth area.