Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find sly

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Gary

Gary Report 4 Jul 2007 00:00

Hi All I am trying to trace my deceased father's brothers and sisters. I know he had about 6 or 7 of them but only managed to keep in touch with 2 of them. One named Ivy (born in Dudley in 1922)and the other was Gladys (born in leicestershire in 1926) also now deceased, Ivy is now in her 80's and lives in the Dudley area. There could be a brother named George who was a sergeant in the army, many years ago.Also I think 2 of the brothers names were Stanley(born in 1923 in Bromley) and Gerald (born 1928 in Billesden). Dad (whose name was Harry) was born in Woolich around 1925 and was reared in a Dr Barnados orphanage together with the rest of his brothers and sisters in the Coventry area, but there was a big fire at the orphanage when dad was about 8 or 9 and all the records were destroyed in the fire. From there the family were split up and sent to different parts of the country, Dad was moved to the Wrexham area and worked on a farm. Because of the fire he has never managed to trace the rest of the family. I know his mothers name was Dora Skeates and his Fathers name was Hubert, who worked as an engineer fitter with something to do with steam driven road rollers, but sadly that's all i do know. Any help, however small would really be appreciated in trying to trace the rest of his family.I think he also lived in the London area for a while too. Thank you Gary Sly