Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Turner

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

val

val Report 6 Jul 2007 22:01

How fascinating and terribly tiring all this searching is. For over 4 years I have been looking for family members. Luckily, I have made contact with a sister, a nephew and a younger cousin, which is my good fortune. However, another couple of cousins (who are well aware of my existence) dont want to know me,,,the reason why> something to do with a feud between adults, nothing to do with us offspring..How sad, in this day and age, to perpetuate such stupidity and by doing so, leave yet another generation wondering who THEIR relatives are,,very immature to say the least.' As long as situations like this keep happening, it at least will keep GR alive and thriving!! Having vented, I am still searching for more family, Christine Elks (who was born Stocker) and I have learned is now a Gibson, born in 1948. She has a brother Colin about 10 yrs younger, I believe. Also have others, namely Audrey and Janet Tapping, who obviously have married and changed their names, Audrey was a DeRedenet now a Hammond and Janet was married to a Roy Thurley, dont know about now. Finally the other 2 cousins I would like to touch base with, are, Paul and Candy Newman, Mother June and Father Syd..lived in Salisbury when I knew them. Havent seen any of these individuals since I was about 12 or 13, I am now 60. If you have any leads or advice on how to obtain information, for me, I would appreciate hearing from you. I will respond to all that are kind enough to leave a message. Thank you so much for your time and thanks to GR for creating this very valuable avenue for research. Kind regards...Val As a point of interest, I am the daughter of Reginald Vincent Turner and Edna Turner Nee Thomas and sister of Susan...it may help you help me :)