Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

William Lambert/Maria Goldspink

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

David

David Report 8 Jul 2007 11:05

FAWNCETT in NORFOLK was the birthplace in 1792 of WILLIAM Lambert. He married MARIA GOLDSPINK of EAST HARLING at BESTHORPE in 1817 and had children Maria 1836, George 1833, ISAAC 1827, WILLIAM 1831 and EDWARD 1826, all born in ECCLES.

I cannot find details of Maria or Williams parents. If anyone can help me I would be eternally grateful

Maria married Henry Michael Bayliss of Coln Rogers in 1872;
George and Edward went to London as basketmakers for a fisherman, George married Mary Heritage of Ramsgate in 1860 at Hull where they had 11 children; Edward stayed in London, married Mary Ann in Marylebone where they had 6 children;
Isaac lived in Kenninghall/North Lopham, Norfolk, married Eliza Keeble and had 5 children, Eliza married Elijah Barker in 1866 after Isaac had died in 1864; .
William also went to London to the Kensington area where he is suspected of working with horses, maybe at the palace. He may have married Hannah Carter in Guiltcross, Norfolk
I would love to hear from anyone who may recognise any of the above.