Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Rooney

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Bernadette

Bernadette Report 8 Jul 2007 20:12

I am trying to find information an my gt gt grandfather Thomas Rooney, he may of come from Ireland, as i do know that going back the family were from there, i have info on his son my gt grandfather, but have no birth certificate for him as he was never registered, he was born in 1839/40 according to census info i have, on the 1841 census he was living with a different family, not his parents, i have found thomas death in 1840, but no sign of thomas wife i only know her name was helen, as i found my gt grandfathers baptism in the records office parish records, no surname given for the mother just says parents of michael rooney were Thomas Rooney and Helen, if anyone could advice me where to go next i would be very grateful. Thank you Bernadette