Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Ovens

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Iris

Iris Report 9 Jul 2007 15:41

Hello...I am still trying to trace my family, have found that the original name was Oven and not Ovens the s seems to have been added in the 1900's. I have got back as far as 1665 and I have found a John Oven born about 1665 in Canon Pyon, Herefordshire, he married Ann in 1691, and she was born in 1670. Three children were born. i.e......Joseph 1695 Canon Pyon James 1698, Kings Pyon Elizabeth again at Canon Pyon 1700. I have Joseph marrying Elizabeth about 1732. Is this any help to anyone.......................Iris Eve (nee Ovens)

Margaret

Margaret Report 11 Nov 2007 10:29

I too am an Oven (no 's') I have got my tree back to the 1750s in Tideswell, Derbyshire but that is when I get stuck. My family moved from Tideswell to Manchester..

Though there is no apprant connection I just thought it might be nice to know that your are not on your own with the Oven family tree. As I thought I was.

I have now got a data base of all Oven birth marriage & deaths though I still have a long way to go so if you need anything please do feel free to contact me.

It's just nice to know that there are more Oven's out there.

Margaret Halsey (nee Oven)