Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Jones

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Natalie

Natalie Report 14 Jul 2007 00:26

Hi, I know his might be a long sht but I'm looking for family on my fathers side. Firstly I'm looking or anyone with info about my grandmothers side. Her name was EDITH MAY JONES born 1928, she was the youngest of 4 and had a brother Eric and two sisters, Dolly and Ann, surnames unknown. She was born in Wrexham N.Wales. I know that my great grandmother died quite young and she was brought up by her father, unfortunately I don't know their names. Sadly my granmother passed away in 1996 so am unable to ask her. Eric had three children, John, Mike and Paul, Dolly was married to a man called Harry and I think had one daughter called Wendy. Ann moved to Long Buckby when she was young but lost her husband in the war. Edith was known by her middle name 'May'. She had 2 children, Carole from her first husband, born in 1946, whos surname was Reid and David from her second marriage, born 2912/1956 which brings me to my search for my Grandfathers family.His name was Iorweth Jones, known as Eddie. He was born in 1923 in Colwyn Bay and was one of 13. All I know about his side is that he had a brother,Tommy, who was in the Army, as was my Grandfather. Everything else from their has come to a halt. My Grandparents moved to Long Buckby,Northamptonshire around 1950's. If someone could please shed some light it would be fantastic, but being a Jones it's going to be quite difficult, Many Thanks. Natalie Jones