Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Prince

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sue

Sue Report 15 Jul 2007 13:22

The surname Prince comes from my mother's side. They came from the Burslem/Tunstall/Stoke-on-Trent area. I have been told that a Prince married a Maddock somewhere along the way. I am trying to find the link. The Maddock family owned, I believe, a sanitary war pottery company in the area. I have discovered that my great grandfather was called George Maddock Prince - he was born in Burslem in 1868. So I thought his mother might be the Maddock link. I have just discovered his father, my great, great grandfather was called John Maddock Prince and he was born in 1833 so I need to go further back into the Parish records to see if it was his mother whose suname was Maddock. If there's anyone out there who knows of any Prince folk who originated in the Burslem/Tunstall/SOT area please get in touch - I'd be really pleased to hear from you. Thanks. Sue Moody