Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Potter

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Diane

Diane Report 16 Jul 2007 18:42

I'm trying to trace the descendants of Harry and Agnes Potter. Harry was a Colour Sergeant Major in the Royal Cycle Corps and was awarded the DCM. He was pensioned out of WW1 due to ill health. They lived in Burnham-upon-Couch in Essex. Agnes (nee Turpin) and Harry died within 4 days of each other of the flu epidemic. Their two daughters Ivy and Emmy (Emily?) went to live in a home for officer's children. I have been told that Ivy married a Balfour and went to live in Scotland but do not think she had any children. But Emmy married a doctor and did have offspring. She then left him and ran away with 'a foreign man' as my late mother used to put it !! Both Emmy and Ivy had been nurses. Any info greatly appreciated.