Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Martin

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

jean,300171

jean,300171 Report 18 Jul 2007 19:34

Mary Ann Martin born possibly 1797 give or take couple years either way} Married a John Martin{beginning to wonder if she did marry??} him as I cant find any record, anyway she had as far as I know two sons {John Born 1823/4 born Blind .....my great granfather,and Alfred Bender Martin born 1829/30. question one was BENDER?? Mary's Maiden name?? Both boys were born Christ Church Surrey,Number two .......on 1841 census Mary is alone with Son John 17yrs.....and Alfred aged 12yrs,where was Husband.. JOHN?? address was Paradise Row Christ Church Southwark. 1851theres only Mary a {widow} and Son John 28yrs old Alfred possibly married..living at 8 Brunswick Street Southwark. !861 Son John alone aged 38yrs living at 13 Isabella Street Southwark.......Mother Mary Ann died 1859..Number 3 if Husband John wasnt on 1841 where was he??as she wasnt a widow until 1851!!found two likely deaths for him one 1839{Wronge} next in 1847......Wronge again!! could you possibly have these people on your tree if so you may be able to help me as im pulling my hair out in frustration!! I can follow the line From Mary's Son John {my great grandfather right down to my self 1939.thank you for taking time to read this Jean.