Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Ross

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Fransmoi

Fransmoi Report 25 Jul 2007 02:15

My great grandad's brother ALEXANDER ROSS b1824 a Scottish Bank employee of the Union Bank had 2 daughters to 2 different wives or partners in IRELAND. I cannot find these ladies . From their marriage certificates the girls say of themselves : MARIANNE JANE ROSS born SALTHILL GALWAY 1852 aprox Mother MARIANNE GERRARD ELIZABETH MONTGOMERY ROSS born Clonmel? TIPPERARY 1855 aprox Mother ELIZABETH FULLER or MULLER( writing indestinct) ANDREW ROSS died at home in Tore House ,Black Isle, Ross-shire in 1860 and his (orphaned?) daughter Marianne was living with his parents in Milntown of Newtarbat ( now Milton by Kildary) in the next census. MARIANNE went to Australia with her aunt and there married JOHN KINGSTON a lad from Rosecarberry, CORK . Her half sister ELIZABETH married DAVID FLEMING and lived in Ardullie Farmhouse, Ross-shire. On his death certificate ANDREW is simply described as Married but maddeningly no name of widow nor deceased wife. I suspect both ladies died but not many Irish records on line to help.