Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find West

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Michelle

Michelle Report 25 Jul 2007 02:48

Trying to find Thomas West's origin in Ireland, know he was born there in 1844 abt,, know his father is called james west on marriage cert, in 1867 in west derby, liverpool. I know of all his life upto his death in 1908 in Stockport. But know nothing of his life before he came to england, cant figure out even when he cam,e to england maybe lst seen on 1861 census in liverpool. Have spent years on and off searching records in Uk and last couple of years Ireland, can anybody help of give some advice on what im doing wrong s discovered the rest of my mother's family tree 3 other lines quite thoroughly and discovered living relations this year.....so am quite good at research, except when it comes to finding my irish line and know of complications with irish records etc.... Just wondering if any descendents are around that i may come into contact with also. Thanks - get in touch if can help in anyway, as at a lost cause at present.