Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Anyone help with Australian Birth and Marriage Ple

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Ellen

Ellen Report 25 Jul 2007 16:50

Hi, I'd be very grateful for help on a Marriage for Thomas Harvey and Thomasina Bastian, in Tasmania/ Van Diemen's Land, about 1836/ 37 and a Birth for their Son, Thomas William Harvey, born 1837. They had a Daughter, Jane Elizabeth Harvey, born 1840, in Hobart, Tasmania. I haven't a clue why they were out there, ie Convicts or not !! Thomasina returned to Cornwall at some stage prior to the 1851 Census as she and Son and Daughter are listed on the Census but no Husband, Thomas. Thanks in Anticipation. Ellen.

Ivy

Ivy Report 25 Jul 2007 18:49

Nudging for Australian experts once they're up and about on Thu 26 July

MaryfromItaly

MaryfromItaly Report 25 Jul 2007 19:34

I'm afraid I don't know much about Tasmanian research, but I'm sure somebody who does will be along later. I've had a look on the Ancestry convicts index and can't find them. I have found Jane's birth in the Tasmanian pioneer index, but it doesn't give any more information than you have already. I can't see Thomas William's birth. http://portal.archives.tas.gov.au/menu.aspx?search=8

Ellen

Ellen Report 25 Jul 2007 19:48

Many thanks, Ivy and Mary for your replies. Ellen.