Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Phoebe Williams, Daughter or Granddaughter

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Rhonda

Rhonda Report 25 Jul 2007 16:48

I have a Phoebe Williams born 1894 Swinton, Manchester, on the 1901 census. Could anyone have a look and tell me if Phoebe is the daughter of Thomas and Phoebe or granddaughter. Just can't make out what it say's. many thanks Rhonda

Julie

Julie Report 25 Jul 2007 16:52

if its this one her surname isn't Williams Phoebe Williams Age: 7 Estimated birth year: abt 1894 Relation: Daughter Father's name: Thomas Mother's name: Phoebe Gender: Female Where born: Pendlebury, Lancashire, England Civil Parish: Pendlebury Ecclesiastical parish: St Augustine County/Island: Lancashire Country: England Street address: Occupation: Condition as to marriage: Education: Employment status: View image Registration district: Salford Sub-registration district: Pendleton ED, institution, or vessel: 68 Neighbors: View others on page Household schedule number: 291 Household Members: Name Age John Greenley 19 Alice Williams 15 Billy Williams 29 Florence Williams 17 Nellie Williams 18 Phoebe Williams 53 Phoebe Williams 7 Thirza Williams 23 Thomas Williams 52 Thomas Williams 26 Johns surname looks like Grimley and so does Phoebe's

Julie

Julie Report 25 Jul 2007 16:53

i couldn't find a Phoebe Williams born 1894 Swinton, Manchester

MargaretM

MargaretM Report 25 Jul 2007 16:54

I believe it's grandaughter. There's a married son Billy and married daughter Thirza linked together with arrows. I think Thirza should be daughter-in-law and Phoebe is probably their daughter. Incidentally it says she's born Pendlebury. Update the surname is Williams. The census taker started to write Grandaughter for the surname, erased it and changed it to 'do' for ditto.

Ajwyorks

Ajwyorks Report 25 Jul 2007 17:16

Phoebe's birth Phoebe Williams Year of Registration: 1893 Quarter of Registration: Jul-Aug-Sep DISTRICT: Salford County: Greater Manchester, Lancashire Volume: 8d Page: 21

Rhonda

Rhonda Report 25 Jul 2007 17:20

Thank you, thats what i thought about it, whoever wrote it, changed it to granddaughter. Rhonda