Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1841 CENSUS LOOK UP PLEASE.....

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Paul

Paul Report 25 Jul 2007 14:10

If I am not asking too much could somebody please do a look up on the ancestry 1841 census for Middlesex for.........Eliza Chitteck born 1809 (I am hoping in Essex)......I have not been able to trace her since she was baptised in 1809 I am hoping this is her in Middlesex...............not sure if she will be with other family members or not???????? Thanks again Paul

Cheryl

Cheryl Report 25 Jul 2007 14:17

Hi Paul Is this the one? 1841 Census: Name: Eliza Chitteck Age: 32 Estimated birth year: abt 1809 Gender: Female Civil Parish: St Pancras Hundred: Ossulstone (Holborn Division) County/Island: Middlesex Country: England Street address: Occupation: View image Registration district: St Pancras Sub-registration district: Regents Park Neighbors: View others on page Household Members: Name Age Eliza Chitteck 32 John Chitteck 32 Anne Knight 25 James Knight 25 although it doesn't say I think this Eliza Chitteck is married to John, so Chitteck is her marrried name Cheryl x

Paul

Paul Report 25 Jul 2007 14:25

Hi, Marlene and Cheryl, Thanks very much for the info, Chitteck would have been the maiden name, so it would be better if this was her brother rather than husband......!!!!!...........but being out of county fits with originating from Essex...........she has been rather elusive, she was baptised aged 19 in 1828, then disappears..........the family originate in South Fambridge, essex...........thanks again for the help.............Paul..........xx

Paul

Paul Report 25 Jul 2007 14:32

I don't suppose Eliza and John are listed together in the 1851 census, this would give the relationship.....??............Chitteck or chiddicks is spelt at least 12 different ways.........!!!!!!!!...........this might clarify whether this is the right eliza...........sorry to be a pain.............Paul

Paul

Paul Report 25 Jul 2007 14:55

Hi Marlene, Thanks for trying, they may already have died by then of course, it would be so much easier if they were brother and sister as in twins, living together in 1841........!!!!..........ggrrrrr.........so frustrating.............

Paul

Paul Report 25 Jul 2007 15:51

Hi Marlene, Sorry for the delay, I was on the phone..............this looks like the same Eliza as the 1841 census and at least confirms that they were married and therefore she is not the Eliza that I am looking for as Chittick was the maiden name. Thanks for all your help, I am really grateful. I will have to look into the Foulness connection as well as there are some Chittocks listed there that I cannot as yet connect to my line. As one door opens another door slams......!!!!!!!!..........thanks again for your help Paul