Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Franklin Look up please

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Rebecca

Rebecca Report 24 Jul 2007 18:31

Could someone be kind enough to look up a Thomas Henry Franklin born abt 1853. He was a wood turner and born in Poplar, London we think. His father was Edward Franklin or Frankling. I am unsure of his dob or occupation, I am looking any findings on his mother or any siblings, so anything 1871 and before. Many thanks Rebecca

Julie

Julie Report 24 Jul 2007 18:48

only one showing as a possibly 1861 Thomas Franklin Age: 5 Estimated birth year: abt 1856 Relation: Son Father's name: Edward Mother's name: Harriott Gender: Male Where born: Bromley, Middlesex, England Civil Parish: Stepney County/Island: Middlesex Country: England Street address: Occupation: Condition as to marriage: View image Registration district: Mile End Old Town Sub-registration district: Mile End Old Town Eastern ED, institution, or vessel: 2 Neighbors: View others on page Household schedule number: 166 Household Members: Name Age Edward Franklin 36 Edward Franklin 15 Giles Franklin 1 Harriott Franklin 37 Harriott Franklin 7 Maria Franklin 9 Thomas Franklin 5 William Franklin 12

Julie

Julie Report 24 Jul 2007 18:50

now he's called James in the 1871 James Franklin Age: 15 Estimated birth year: abt 1856 Relation: Son Father's name: Edward Mother's name: Harriet Gender: Male Where born: Bromley, Middlesex, England Civil Parish: St Luke Ecclesiastical parish: St Luke County/Island: London Country: England Street address: Occupation: Condition as to marriage: Disability: View image Registration district: Holborn Sub-registration district: City Road ED, institution, or vessel: 9 Neighbors: View others on page Household schedule number: 96 Household Members: Name Age Edward Franklin 46 Ellen Franklin 2 Giles Franklin 11 Harriet Franklin 47 James Franklin 15 Louisa Franklin 5 Maria Franklin 19 Sarah Franklin 8

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 24 Jul 2007 18:54

Julie, That was well spotted on 1871 census Maureen

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 24 Jul 2007 18:55

1871 possibly the same family as the 1861 already posted but no Thomas Name: Giles Franklin Age: 11 Estimated birth year: abt 1860 Relation: Son Father's name: Edward Mother's name: Harriet Gender: Male Where born: Mile End, Middlesex, England Civil Parish: St Luke Ecclesiastical parish: St Luke County/Island: London Country: England Street address: Occupation: Condition as to marriage: Disability: View image Registration district: Holborn Sub-registration district: City Road ED, institution, or vessel: 9 Neighbors: View others on page Household schedule number: 96 Household Members: Name Age Edward Franklin 46 Ellen Franklin 2 Giles Franklin 11 Harriet Franklin 47 James Franklin 15 Louisa Franklin 5 Maria Franklin 19 Sarah Franklin 8 There is a Thomas Franklin born 1855 London so will take a look at that one Maureen

Julie

Julie Report 24 Jul 2007 19:00

Elaine I Think the ones you have found are 2 different families Julie

Rebecca

Rebecca Report 24 Jul 2007 23:20

Thanks everyone On later census records Thomas is with his wife and children who also share some of his siblings names. There was a young Harriet in one who disappeared in later records and seems to have been replaced with an Ellen around the same age. He also had children of his own called Louisa and Edward. With 4 of the same names appearing in his own records I feel it is the same family. Oh well done to anyone who can read those original transcripts, just looked goobeldy goop to me. It's the one i found but couldn't make out. Thanks Rebecca